BrightNet’s policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet businesses are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technology and as a result, BrightNet’s policies and procedures are subject to change.
The BrightNet Chickasaw site contains links to other Web sites. BrightNet Chickasaw is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
BrightNet will protect the confidentiality of its customers' information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of BrightNet, its affiliates, its employees and other customers of BrightNet’s services. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from customers, BrightNet has appropriate procedures in place.
BrightNet will not disclose its customers' personal and account information unless BrightNet has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of BrightNet, BrightNet’s customers, or others, or where BrightNet shows that the law requires such disclosure.
BrightNet will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that BrightNet stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which BrightNet will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- it is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of BrightNet and its customers;
- it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that BrightNet determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by BrightNet and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- it is necessary to comply with a subpoena, discovery request, or search warrant issued by a Court of competent jurisdiction.
BrightNet has no intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. BrightNet will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm BrightNet, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which BrightNet may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of BrightNet’s Acceptable Use Policy.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.